Recently, I picked up a rotisserie chicken at the market. It’s super convenient to use in recipes. I decided to try it out in a few recipes over the week. One of the dishes I made with rotisserie chicken was a mayo-free chicken salad. Using only what I had on hand and needing to make something quick (<30 minutes), I made sure to whip up something simple and healthy, without compromising taste. I’ve browsed through several recipes for chicken salad in the past and they each inspire me in some way, so I decided to play around a bit by mixing and matching different ingredients. Before I knew it, I created a really simplified and healthier version of a chicken salad. So here’s how I did it.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
- 1/3 shredded rotisserie chicken with the skin removed
- 2-3 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt (depending how creamy you want it)
- 1 teaspoon of pure clover honey
- 2 teaspoons of Trader Joe’s Organic Coconut Aminos Seasoning Sauce
- 1/2 of a whole avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Optional: a pinch salt and pepper for taste
- Combine everything together and mix. Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Spread it on whole grain bread, serve it with crackers or enjoy it alone.