Hello! Yes, it’s that time of the year again! The holidays are here and what tends to come with holidays is celebration, food and LOTS of it. Follow these 5 tips to help with portion control during this holiday season.
- Sharing is caring! Split an entree with a friend or family member.
- Swap out big bowls, plates and utensils for smaller versions to help with portion control and help you eat smaller bites.
- Don’t forget to get creative! Utilize measuring tools, your hands and everyday objects such as a deck of cards, a tennis ball, a golf ball, etc to help you understand portion size.
- Plan ahead! Before eating out at a restaurant, make sure you look up a menu to see what healthier food options they offer.
- Try drinking water before meals. Drink 4-8 oz of water, wait 15 minutes before eating.